Monday, August 1, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

It's been a while since my last blog! And yes during my short break...I ran a half marathon...and started training for a full! What an interesting experience that has been! It's so amazing to see what your body is capable of...and to see what your mind can overcome as you push yourself past boundaries you never thought you could beat! I am currently in week 12 of an intense 18 week training! In addition to short distance runs, tempo runs, speed workouts, hill workouts, and long distance runs...I am trying to mentally prepare my self to not only finish but to qualify to Boston...with a time of 3:40! I am loving every minute of what I am doing...from the runs that go so perfectly I feel on top of the world to the runs I know I could have done better to feeling like my body is a well oiled machine to chowing down Advil to dull the pain! It's been 12 weeks of taking myself to the brink and pushing myself in ways I never thought possible! I feel amazing..and I have never been in this kind of shape in my life...it's such an amazing accomplishment! Just recently I finished the first of three 20 mile runs...I never in my whole life thought I would or could do something like that...but I did! It was difficult and there were a few times I wanted to quit...but I staid focused and kept going...no ache or pain was going to keep me from completing this milestone!

I think what is so fantastic is that at any point in your life...you can change one thing and
that one thing can change your life! For me I added running...and from there my whole world opened up. My goals changed my values and morals changed...the way I look and think took on
a whole new perspective! I made one change after another all based on one thing...and I love it! Now running 20 miles...that may not be everyone's one thing...but everyone has something! The awesome thing about life...is that part of the process is finding what makes you
happy...and then going after it with full force...we only have this one life...it's so important to find the things and surround yourself with the people that complete the life you want to live...even if that means taking the road less traveled!

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment