Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fall down 7 times. Stand up 8.


Hi everyone...its been so long since my last blog...over a year!  So much fun stuff has happened...but instead of talking about the past...I am going to focus on all that is good now...and in the future!  I have recently...last Sunday...signed up for the Columbus Marathon in October!  I am very excited and currently have begun the process of getting back into marathon shape.  The end of my second track season is quickly approaching...and what a great year it has been, but what this really means is that the start of summer cross country conditioning is on the horizon!  The last year has been full of all those crazy ups and downs...but life is good...very very good! 

As those ups and downs go...its easy to get stuck!  And for a little while I just was not feeling my best.  I was battling an injury, work was busy, track started, the winter was cold and long, but as with all things you just have to pick yourself up and forge ahead.  One of my favorite quotes is "Fall down 7 times.  Stand up 8."  I think its a nice reminder that we are not perfect and we all fail from time to time, but in the end its standing back up and moving forward that counts.  It's how we handle the difficult times that show us who we are and allow us to begin to define our character.

Over the last year some pretty devastating things have happened in the world, within our nation, to those I love, but what I can say is that the human spirit has an amazing ability to accept what has occurred and make the changes needed to continue navigating through life.  I have been astonished by the acts of kindness and love that have popped up through recent tragedies.  I have been inspired by all those I care about who are striving everyday to be the best version of themselves.  And I am humbled by those who are fighting for their lives or the lives of their children.  It's how we handle and conduct ourselves in the hard moments and times that make us proud and strong and capable of anything that may come with life.   

It's OK to fall...just as long as you remember to stand back up.

<3 Cara



 

No comments:

Post a Comment