Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And it almost didn't happen....

So they say it takes 30 days to form a habit...today I decided that after about 120 days it must become part of your moral fiber! I did the unthinkable this morning and hit snooze! I had a personal day from work...and the plumber was coming and I was tired and I was just going to do it later...I'm sure I could think of many more excuses but really in the end...I just didn't get up! Indeed the plumber came...and I cleaned the house while he fixed the pipe under the sink...the whole time I had this nagging feeling....why didn't I already run! After the pipe was fixed and the house was clean...I decided...why take a whole personal day...so I got dressed and went to work...everything crossed off the to do list...except for my run! So here is where it gets tricky....the reason I run in the morning is because I am bad at running after work! Thank God for my focus...it kept me motivated all day...I guess it was motivation...with a side of guilt! What was I thinking...I am training for a marathon...I have a training schedule to keep and follow...and yes...I guess I could have flip flopped my days around...and not have run today...but that just didn't sit well with me! 4:00 on the dot I flew out of work...got home...tossed on my running clothes and did just exactly what I should have done 11 hours before! As I write this I am seeing a level of dedication in myself that has not been there since high school cross country...to some the motivation/guilt may sound crazy...to me...it's just something I love and enjoy...that makes me feel good about myself. Granted as with anything that you love and enjoy it's possible to disappoint yourself...Which may be the worst kind of disappointment! Thankfully that crazy determination of mine...pulled through in the end...I even threw in a yoga class after...you know...just for fun!

"you've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction."

No comments:

Post a Comment