Thursday, January 13, 2011

And then there was me...

So Some days I am lucky enough to run with my two best friends, Mary and Erin.  Its a great little support system and an outstanding reason to get the heck out of bed...when you know they are going to be at your house!  Other days though...its just me out there!  Today was one of those other days!  Its hard to pump yourself up...when you know its 9 degrees outside and there is 3 inches of snow covering the sidewalks...but the alternative is not running or the tredmill...neither of which am I a fan of!  It also didnt help that I watched Law and Order SVU last night before I went to bed...that will put all kinds of crazy thoughts in your head when you are running and its still dark!  None the less I bounced out the door at about 6:20!  The first 3 miles were so hard...I did not find my runners Zen!  But about half way through the 3rd mile...there it was!  I eased into my pace...and I found my footing in the snow...and I breezed through the last 2.5 miles...with a smile...cause I knew that hour of my life was going to make me feel amazing for the rest of the day!  Plus....it was just one hour...and I had the whole rest of the day ahead of me...my to do list was virtually completed and it was only 7:30am! We all have to do things...pretty much every day...that we just are not motivated to do...but when we push through all those negative feelings...and we find our pace...and a smile...the end result is usually well worth the effort!

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.  The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

No comments:

Post a Comment