Friday, January 14, 2011

Sidebar...a Zen zone

Zen...enlightenment can be attained through meditation, self-contemplation, and intuition...
So I may talk a lot about the Zen state of running in my blog...so I feel that I should explain what I mean!  Essentially running is a very boring thing to do!  But something tends to happen in approximately the first 10 minutes of a run...that makes it anything but boring!  I call that the Zen Zone!  It’s the place where a distance runner becomes astutely aware of their thoughts and breathing.  It’s the time during the run where a runner virtually goes into a meditative state and the time and the mileage pass without your knowledge.  It's the time when a runner becomes aware of themselves and their dreams and goals.  I swear I could solve all the worlds problems in one very long distance run!  It’s an amazing sensation that makes your life well worth the effort of a run!   
 
"Normally, we do not so much look at things as overlook them"

No comments:

Post a Comment