Friday, January 14, 2011

Sometimes even my motivation is shaken...

So I think it is safe to say...this has been a tough week!  My motivation to run waivered on more than one occasion...today included!  After a restless night sleep I did finally get out of bed at 6:30...I knew what I had to do...but I have to say...it was a hard choice!  I do have to mention that the thought of posting on my blog that I didn't run...helped to get me moving...so thanks everyone out there...you may have helped more then you know!  With a 9 mile run looming on my horizon this weekend...I opted for just a 3 mile run.  And what’s funny...the second I took my first step I knew it was going to be a good run...I got into my Zen Zone right away!  My breathing was light and easy...and you would never know there was snow coving the sidewalks...my pace was quick!  I think we all have days or weeks even that are harder than others...where not doing something is easier than doing something...but...and I know I have said this before...the end result is what has to keep you moving!  Now the end result can be a long term goal...that race you are training for...or a short term goal...the runners high you get to have all day...or maybe a combo of both...it just has to be your personal motivation!  In fact...I have found myself...without even meaning to...steadily motivating myself for my 7:30am 9 mile run tomorrow.  Once you do it regularly...and by it I mean...be YOUR biggest fan...it becomes second nature...the pep talks just happen subconsciously!  There is nothing in the world like being cheered on and praised...but sometimes…like at 6am…there is no one there to do that...and you need to rely on your own self motivation!  It’s an empowering feeling really...when you take that control into your own hands...and start to move in the direction that’s best for you and provides your happy!

Thanks again everyone...wouldn't have gotten out of bed without you this morning!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

No comments:

Post a Comment