Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hale the tredmill!?!?

So due to the fact that it was raining ice this morning...and the last thing I need to do is fall down...I opted for a 4 mile run on the tredmill...YUCK!  However...a funny thing happend on that tredmill today...I found a new appreciation for it!  It was sort of great...because I did the first 2 miles at 5.2 mph (11.5 minute mile pace) then decided that the last two needed to be quicker...so I bumped it up to 6 mph (10 minute mile pace) and the thing about a tredmill is...if you dont keep up you will fly off...so you better keep up!  It hurt but I kept up!  Now I think I have decided that once or twice a week I may do my 3 mile runs on the tredmilll so that I can increase my pace...its hard to do outside in the ice, rain, snow and wind we have been having...what a great way to push myself!  Who knew...you learn something new everyday! :)

"Each day learn something new, and just as important, relearn something old." 

No comments:

Post a Comment