Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hittin the snooze....

Today was difficult....that stupid alarm kept going off...5am 5:10am 5:20am...finally 5:30am I turned the damn thing off and reluctantly got up!  I guess I could have hit the snooze again...and just stayed put...but considering yesterday was a "rest" day...and not the "best" day I thought I should get myself up and out of bed and dressed for my run...with hopes that the rest of the day would be far better than yesterday!  When I looked out the window I was for sure relieved not to see much snow on the ground...but it was coming!  And I had to laugh to myself...I was totally going to try to beat the snow...who thinks things like this at 5:30am!  I got dressed...put the dog on leash and was out the door at 6am!  My friend Mary had just pulled in...She had the same tired look I did!  I smiled and said hello!  She grumbled...lol...threw her keys in the mailbox and said...so what are we doing today...just four!  We both laughed...who in their right mind says just four...when did four become an easy day!  The loops passed quickly...as we chatted about love, life, marriage, the new book I am reading, school...all the girl talk you would normally have over coffee and drinks...just at 6am...while running just four miles!  We were strong and confidant as we finished our run...the day had already started far better than yesterday had...when I really did hit the snooze.  50 minutes of my life to have a runners high all day...I have to say I am a far bigger fan of the days I run then I am the days I "rest"!

"I don't think anything is unrealistic if you believe you can do it." ~ Mike Ditka

No comments:

Post a Comment