Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teach me your running ways oh wise one...

I now take requests :)...my friend Jake commented on my FB status...and asked me to teach him my running ways :).  I don't really have any running ways to teach...all I can say is that the first couple weeks you do it...it will hurt...and you will want to quit...and it will be cold...and you will probably not be able to breathe...but then you will start to feel AMAZING...and your clothes will fit better...and you will have more energy...and you will suddenly want to do it!  The trick I have found is making sure you do it at a consistent time...a time that works for you and a time that you know you will for sure accomplish your mission!  I picked the morning...for the obvious reason that I have yoga at night...and then I just want to be LAZY for a little while before bedtime!  Plus...doing it in the morning ensures a runners high for the entire day!  My best advice...find a routine that works for you!  It’s all about you being able to maintain your program!  And its possible running isn’t the thing for you...there are lots of other fitness activities out there!  Once you find what works...you will begin to enjoy the rewards...and honestly it just becomes a habit...but remember to form a habit does take 30 days!  Oh one more thing...try to do it with a smile on your face...I think it tricks the body into thinking that your really having fun...and who are we kidding it’s in our nature to do things that make us have lots of fun!!!! 

Happy running (or walking or jogging or biking...or whatever you so chose to do!)

"Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some real satisfaction, that day is a loss."

No comments:

Post a Comment